Check Point – CCSA
Length: 3-4 days* (recommended)
Prerequisites: Basic networking knowledge, knowledge of Windows Server and/or UNIX, and experience with TCP/IP and the Internet
Take this class if
- You are a systems administrator, security manager, or network engineer who manages NGX R65 Security Gateway deployments
- Want to earn Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) NGX R65 certification #156-215.1.
Check Point Security Administration I NGX (R65) is a foundation course for Check Point’s flagship product, VPN-1 (NGX R65). This course provides an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure VPN-1. During this course, students will configure a Security Policy, and learn about managing and monitoring a secure network.
You will learn :
- How VPN-1 components and Check Point’s three-tier architecture works to secure your network.
- How to perform command-line operations using Check Point’s Secure Platform operating system.
- How to back up critical files and directories, for availability and timely recovery of Security Gateways and Smart Center Servers.
- How to create objects and rules and modify a Security Policy’s properties
- How to use monitoring tools to track, monitor, and account for all connections logged by Check Point components.
- How to configure network-bandwidth requirements and interpret the results.
- How to use Network Address Translation to overcome IP addressing limitations.
- How to verify the identity of users logging in to VPN-1 using authentication schemes.
- How to implement LDAP, and integrate it with a Smart Center Server.
- How to protect organizations from known network attacks and entire categories of emerging or unknown attacks, using Smart Defense.
- How to configure Web-filtering and antivirus settings on a Gateway to ensure traffic content is inspected for specific conditions.
- Date: January 2, 2019
- Category: CHECK POINT